Deceit In Bloom by Jennifer Michael - Review




Deceit In Bloom is Jennifer Michael's first novel.

I really enjoyed this book. The beginning is something I have not read before, in fact the entire story line is like nothing I have come across before.  I have been reading books similar to this for over two years now and it was refreshing to have something that isn't like all the other over used plot lines.

While at times the story is dark and the characters have to deal with not very light and happy situations, there are happier moments when the 'love' is growing between the two main characters.

Towards the end of the book, twists I didn't really see coming, occur. I was impressed with how Jennifer developed the story into something I didn't think it would be when I first started reading the book.

There is a cliffhanger at the end. I thought the cliffhanger was a bit cliche, I have read so many like that, but for the story I think it is fitting and obviously the only way the first book could finish.

For a debut novel I thought it was very well though out and I am excited to read the next book and see what happens to the characters.

I give this book 4 stars.








Comments

Popular Posts