Sempre by J.M.Darhower - Review



I really enjoyed Sempre by J.M. Darhower. Whilst at times it was a dark read, it was a love story. The story wasn't as predictable  as most romance stories can be, but a few traits I have read before so, I didn't find the love aspect of it overly exciting. 

Carmine DeMarco. A lost, rebellious teenage boy, looking for something worthwhile to focus on
.
Haven Antonelli. A trapped, scared teenage girl who has never known freedom.

Once meeting each other in an odd setting, love as it always does, finds it's way and there's no turning back.

For me, I feel like darkness and light met in this book. Both sides trying to override each other and take control. Darkness grabbed hold of the characters more often than light did, but eventually light won. Not without darkness still having a big say over their destiny and their lives.

The side of the book that wasn't romantic was interesting, the author did not give away any big plot twists early on. It made you think about what was happening and what was going to happen. 

I was not overly captivated by the story as a romance lover, but I kept reading because I wanted to find out what happened and why Haven had been placed into the life she leads.

I love J.M. Darhower's style of writing, the book was long, maybe a little too long at times, but I still really enjoyed it. 

I give this book 4 stars.


















Comments

Popular Posts